Last Updated on
IPS, IAS, and IPS are three mainstay officer grade posts which are the DREAM JOBS for any young Indian aspirant. These officers ranked positions not only lucrative for the salary but also they are most crucial Government jobs in India. These posts are the most powerful positions of the Indian bureaucratic system as they design the policy matters of the nation.
However; the success path to becoming an officer is not quite easy. It requires lots of preparation, passion, patience, consistency, focus and finally ZEAL to become the part of the most influential posts in India. This article is the discussion of the various requirements to become the officer of these three mainstay exams in India.
How to become an IPS officer:
Who is an IPS officer:
IPS officer is one of the most aspirant jobs in India. Millions of students prepare for IPS examination every year. This article will help you if you want to become an IPS officer. Here, you’ll discover the means associated with turning into an IPS officer.
There are numerous Civil Services, which are mainstays of the Government of India. IPS Officers are the most favored designations among Civil Service aspirants. This is the primary motivation behind why just toppers in Civil Service exam get to choose for IPS preparation!
IPS officers play vital parts in the Police administration of India. They are directly associated with the Nation-building process. On the chance that you need to achieve an adjustment in the general public, this calling is for you!
IPS Job Profile:
The obligation of an IPS officer is primarily related to lawfulness, identification of wrongdoing and counteractive action, control of the activity, management, and aversion of mischance, etc. IB, RAW, CBI and so forth are likewise the activity which IPS officer will get an opportunity to act. So, it is a testing and tremendously fulfilling calling.
IPS officers similarly get the opportunity to appreciate excellent compensation bundle and extra advantages, (for example, lodging, annuity, health advantages and so forth). It is a powerful post that charges regard in the general public.
Being an IPS officer, you’ll get a chance to achieve change at the grassroots level! You’ll get an opportunity to enhance the lives of individuals through advancement in zones, for example, – standardized savings, peace, wrongdoing counteractive action, ladies wellbeing and so forth.
- To be qualified for turning into an IAS officer, the competitor must have a degree from an Indian University or a proportional capability.
- Those in the last year of a degree course can likewise show up in the Preliminary Examination.
- The applicant who has obtained Graduation in any field.
- An applicant who about to undergo graduation is similarly qualified.
- Applicant’s degree can be from any UGC endorsed University or any State University.
- Age must be somewhere from 21 to 32 to be eligible.
- Competitors of SC/ST and OBC will get additional age benefit of five and three years individually.
For the IPS, the competitor must be a native of India. For other administrations, a competitor must be either:
- A national of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan evacuee who approached India before January 1, 1962, with the expectation of for all time settling in India, or
- A man of Indian inception who has moved from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African nations of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the goal of for all time settling in India.
- Minimum stature for Males 165 CM, Females-150CM for General Category Candidates.
- Other than General Category, candidates can have 160CM for Male and 145CM for Female Candidates for Minimum Height.
Procedure for Civil Services Exam(CSE) application:
In the First step, candidates need to get the UPSC’s Civil Services exam “Application Form” alongside “Data Brochure” from any of the head offices spread all through the nation and send the filled application form through on the web according to the prerequisite.
Competitors must need to take the Indian Civil Services starter examination in the period of May or June. Presently, that is renamed as Civil Services Aptitude Test, consisting of two papers. The papers are on:
- General Knowledge
- Appreciation and legitimate reasoning
Hopefuls who have qualified in the “Common Services Aptitude Test” are qualified to take the last, most decisive test having following papers:
- Article composition (Indian Language)
- English Qualifying Paper
- General Essay composition paper
- General studies papers
- Discretionary subject papers
After starter and main exam, candidates need to show up in the Interview round. The candidates are analyzed to test their identity and mental capacity. When the candidates are shortlisted, they will be admitted to National Academy of Administration at Mussoorie which is presently known as Lal Bahadur Sastri National Academy of Administration, LBSNAA to educate direction to IAS probationers. After finishing off the preparation, applicants will be posted according to necessities of their capacity of the Central and State Governments.
The first stage of CSE application:
The first stage of CSE application is primer examination. The initial examination comprises of target compose papers (general investigations and inclination test). Competitors who clear primer examination are called to show up for the main examination. The second phase of CSE is the main examination. It comprises of nine papers. Hopefuls who figure out how to clear mains examination are then called to show up for Interview/Personality Test.
Primary Examination is notable as prelims exam. The prelims exam comprises of two papers:
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
Paper-1 is General Studies while paper-2 is Civil Service Aptitude Test.
The process of selection:
Turning into an IPS officer isn’t a simple assignment. It is a testing and requesting work. Just the best competitors are chosen for this post. To be selected, you need to clear all three of these:
- Step-I Preliminary Exam
- Step-II Main Exam
- Step-III Interview
How to prepare for the exam and the interview:
The most effective method to prepare for the Exam is that first, you need to begin your planning with the starter Exam. If you qualify for the Preliminary Exam, only then, you are eligible for the main exam. For General Studies, You need to cover the following points those are as per the follows:
- Current Affairs
- General Science
These are the essential subjects that you need to study thoroughly to clear the exams. You need to make a reasonable timetable and revisions are fundamental for civil service examination. You need to allude more than one reference to know the basics of an idea.
Concluding tips :
To end up a class 1 cop in India, you have to clear the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is held by UPSC consistently. It is an exceptionally focused exam with more than 100000+ hopefuls appearing in the examination from which fewer than 200 are at last chosen. IPS is the activity which comes after IAS, and this choice is made after UPSC examination which is fundamentally named as Civil Services Examinations.
How to become an IAS officer:
Who is an IAS officer:
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was once in the past known as the Imperial Civil Service (ICS). The most aspired Civil Services Examination and one of the hardest competitive exams in India, IAS is the most prestigious examination too! The Union Public Service Commission leads it for the enlistment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.
The Indian Administrative Service is the head managerial common administration of the Government of India. Chain of command astute, IAS is the most astounding regulatory post among the 24 administrations like IPS, IFS and so forth. Generally known as the IAS exam, formally it is called as Civil Services Examination (CSE), which is designed and conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.
IAS is the perpetual administration in India and structures a piece of the official branch. It is one of the three All India Services; its framework can be utilized by both the Union Government, the State Governments and open segment endeavors.
Age, nationality, and educational requirements are the same for an IAS officer, as an IPS officer.
Obligations and Job Profile of an IAS Officer:
- Arranging in their area, settling on choices on the move to be made.
- Making arrangements for the planning phase and altering them as and when required.
- The IAS Officer must actualize the strategies made in an ideal way and guarantee principles and controls are taken after.
- IAS Officers should likewise manage the advancement of an extensive variety of tasks, from the general population to the corporate divisions.
- IAS officers are additionally mindful to screen reserves designation and legitimate use for different jobs, guaranteeing that the assets are utilized for the proposed purposes.
- IAS officers must evaluate ventures, make proposals and give essential data about activities, particularly to parliament as and when called for the presentation.
- Other than all these normal duties, IAS Officers will speak to the legislature of India using sheets of open companies or foundations at a national or universal gathering
Any officer chosen into the IAS can be selected into the Union government, State governments or potentially open segment endeavors and lands presentation in various position parts like the gatherer, head of open segment units, magistrate, boss secretary, bureau secretary to give some examples. At the point when on nomination outside India, the IAS officer can be occupied with between administrative associations like the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank (WB), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the United Nations (UN), or its offices and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to give some examples.
How to become an IFS officer:
Who is an IFS officer:
IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service. It is a piece of Civil Services of Government of India. In this article, you will read about the theme – how to wind up an IFS officer in India. Among these Civil Services, IFS is an incredibly mainstream decision among Civil Service hopefuls.
The idea of work, chance to work at foreign nations and the introduction that this activity gives – these are the fundamental components in charge of the prominence that IFS appreciates among individuals!
These officers wear critical parts in the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs), PMO (Prime Minister’s Office) and Indian Embassies from around the globe. Uncertainties Officers are in charge of overseeing outside relations of India. They are likewise entrusted with directing diplomacy and keeping up diplomatic ties with different Countries.
Age, nationality, and educational qualifications are the same for an IFS officer, as an IPS and an IAS officer.
Job Profile of an IFS officer:
To put it plainly, it is a testing and hugely fulfilling calling. Uncertainties officers likewise get the opportunity to appreciate excellent compensation bundle and extra advantages, (for example, lodging, annuity, health advantages and so on). It is a persuasive post that orders regard in the general public. Turning into an IFS officer isn’t a simple undertaking. It is a testing and requesting work. Just the best competitors are chosen for this post. The government of India has entrusted UPSC with the errand of leading Civil Services examination to select the best candidates among the millions of the aspirants who will serve and develop the nation with their talent.
Concluding tips :
At an international haven, an IFS Officer is drafted as ‘Third Secretary,’ which is a passage level post. With time, he/she may get elevated to higher positions, for example, – Second Secretary, First Secretary, Counselor, Minister, Deputy Chief of Mission/Deputy High Commissioner/Deputy Permanent Representative and Ambassador/High Commissioner/Permanent Representative. At MEA, they are accepted as Assistant Secretary/Under Secretary.
With time, they may get elevated to higher posts, for example, – Deputy Secretary, Director, Joint Secretary, Additional Secretary, Secretary and Foreign Secretary of India.
To get any latest update about UPSC Exam, you can visit the UPSC official website- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
If you like this post, please like and share with your friends preparing for the UPSC. You can write to me in the comment box if you have any query.
- Top 5 online business opportunity from home without investment
- How to earn money online on Facebook without any investment
- 20 Legit ways to earn money from the internet
- Top 10 part-time jobs that any student can do while studying
- Top 10 job oriented diploma courses for the 12th pass out students
- What is Mudra Scheme and how to get Loan under Mudra Scheme